Monday, March 31, 2008

Tagalug -the national language of the Philippines

.

Since my hostmother is from the philippines, I've learnd not only about the American culture, but about the Philipino culture as well. This is what I know so far in Tagalug:

Lin tik - literally translation is "struck by lightening" but it's also used to refer to someone who's acting crazy.
Lin tik na bata - Crazy baby
Magunda - beautiful
Nasarap - delicous
Gutum na! - I'm hungry! (First phrase i learned in tagalug)
Busog na ako- I'm full
Mahal kita - I love you
Pangit kaa- You're ugly
Pangit ako - I'm ugly
Wala - It doesn't really mean anything. You can use it whenever as a fill out phrase.
Saan ang boyfriend ko? - Where's my boyfriend?
Paalaam - Good bye!
Aye buhay - That's life



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lin tik na bata.. haha nästa veckas ord.
låt mig gissa att pangit betyder ugly ;)